Wednesday, May 23, 2007

WHY I'VE BEEN SO QUIET

I finished The Yiddish Policeman's Union a week ago Sunday; read the last Hellboy trade, Strange Places; and then started on Brasyl, the new novel from Ian McDonald. I finished that a short while ago - book #13 on the year.

What's next? Good question.

The final Harry Potter novel comes out in just under two months and I still have 4 books to reread, so it's getting more and more critical that I keep reading through them. I also have another novel waiting to be read - the debut by Joshua Ferris, Then We Came To the End. Okay, 5 books on hand that need to be read.

I just bought a new trade about a half hour ago, which brings my total of those to 7 unread...

All-Star Superman Vol. 1
Doctor Strange: The Oath
Jack of Fables: The (Nearly) Great Escape
Legion of Super-Heroes: Teenage Revolution
Nexus Archives Vol. 2
Ultimate Spider-Man Vol. 1
Y:The Last Man - Motherland (Vol. 9)

I also have 3 issues of Asimov's (including one double issue) and 4 of F&SF sitting in a drawer by my side of the bed.

It's sad that I'm spending time writing about what I need to read rather than what I've already read but that's where I'm at these days. And you know what the kicker is? I'm going to watch last night's series ending episodes of "Veronica Mars" before I get to any reading material...

No comments: