Friday, May 11, 2007

BACKLOG

At the end of Monday, I'd been reading the new Michael Chabon novel for 6 days and had only managed to read 38 pages. A terrible average. Yes, it was a busy weekend - Spider-Man 3 (I liked it), prom, and other obligations - but still. The good news is that I was up to pg. 145 by last night. And it's not that I'm not liking it. I am. Very much. Just haven't had that much time. I've also been the crossing guard for Grant's school this week, so I've lost an extra hour out of my day. More obligations this weekend too but I still hope to get a couple hundred pages read.

After that? I have two more novels waiting for me as well as needing to get to the next Harry Potter. I have 7 trades that I need to read, including the last volume of Hellboy. I also have 5 issues of my science fiction magazines. Remember my goal of reading 5 books this month? Ha!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In case you haven’t heard, there’s a film version of MOP coming out later this year… Written and directed by the guy who brought us DODGEBALL, in which he’s CHANGED 85% of Chabon’s original story.

And the sad part is… Michael Chabon himself APPROVED of the script! WHY would he do this? I can only think of one possible answer: $$

If you are a Chabon fan, esp MOP, I suggest you do NOT see this movie. You will be sadly disappointed at the COMPLETE removal of the gay character, Arthur Lecomte, and the fabrication of a romantic love triangle between Art Bechstein, Jane Bellwether, and a bi-sexual Cleveland Arning. And really, what is MOP without the presence of Phlox Lombardi? Alas, she’s barely in it.