Sunday, February 04, 2007

SUPER BOWL SHUFFLE

That's right, it's Super Bowl Sunday. The Bears, my favorite team, are playing the Colts, my second favorite team. 21 years ago, "Super Bowl Shuffle" was heard constantly on Chicago radio stations when they went to the Super Bowl for the first time. I was a freshman in high school and I loved it. I do want the Bears to win today but if the Colts win, I'll be okay. I just hope for a good game (and to be able to watch it - our cable is down this morning).

And before I get to the music, I have to say "Happy Birthday!" to my lovely wife, Jill. Love you!

1. My Love Is True/The Brokedown (11) - This band is now called The Broken West; I should probably change that in iTunes. You can also go to Aquarium Drunkard for some live acoustic tracks they performed on his radio show earlier this week.

2. Shortsighted/The Drams (8) - You know, I can't think of anything to say here. So I just won't say anything.

3. (Was I) In Your Dreams/Jeff Tweedy (3) - The band we opened for last night played covers by both Uncle Tupelo and Wilco and did them justice.

4. Trust Jesus/Slobberbone (8) - Hey, it's Brent Best's pervious band! Oh, his current one is The Drams.

5. Cool James/Harvey Danger (22) - This is my least-played song from Little By Little. Most played? "Little Round Mirrors" at 41.

6. Quito/The Mountain Goats (9) - Have I mentioned how much I love John Darnielle lately? Oh. Sorry.

7. Shoulders & Arms/Tokyo Police Club (7) - Looks like I'll be seeing them in concert (with Cold War Kids) in about a month.

8. Blue Day/Heartless Bastards (6) - Hey, the cable's back on!

9. Can't You Figure It Out?/Sloan (6) - One of the stronger tracks off of Never Hear the End of It, another album I've been obsessed with of late.

10. Nothing Is Easy/The Whigs (6) - I listened to this album (Give 'Em All a Big Fat Lip) on Monday after having another song pop up in shuffle last Sunday. It's good stuff.

No comments: