Saturday, February 03, 2007

PROJECTS

News arrived this week that the 7th and final Harry Potter novel, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, will be released on July 21. That's good news around these parts and also gives Jill and I warning that we'll be fighting over the book starting that day. I've always planned on rereading the series before the last book came out, so as to be fully fresh and able to enjoy it as much as possible. And yes, I know I could watch the movies for many of them but it's not the same. So, I now have 6 more novels to read in the next 5 1/2 months in addition to everything else I want to read.

More immediately, I want to catch up on Hellboy. Why? April sees the release of a new mini-series, Hellboy: Darkness Calls, and I want to be caught up. Unlike Harry Potter, I have not read all the Hellboy material...just one of many series I fell behind on during my years waffling on my commitment to comics. I had started down that path a few years ago before the movie came out but I abadoned the project after the first two trades. I just bought the third trade, so I'm ready to recap and move forward. Maybe I'll finally get around to watching the movie too.

And even more immediately, there's SoTShoStoWriMo. I always intended to add writing to music for "The Year of 35" and this is a good way to get going. I'm going to do my best to get a story written. I also want to make a few posts dedicated to short stories along the way. Of course, I haven't started yet and tomorrow will probably be a wash as well. So, that gives me only 24 days to get moving!

No comments: