Saturday, February 17, 2007

DVD TRUTHS

Last weekend Jill and I finally got around to watching An Inconvenient Truth on DVD. During the documentary she remarked that if that was the Al Gore people saw during the 2000 election campaign, things would have turned out differently. I was highly depressed when they showed what happened during the election but that's a topic for another time. The main thrust of this is global warming and all the ways the current administration is ignoring the problem, plus actions that could be taken to slow the tide. It's very alarming. And while you think that having things be warmer may not be a bad idea (especially around here the last month), the catastrophes that would occur are things we don't want to happen to us or our children or their children. But there is hope - we can all adopt some simple changes to help and voting with our dollars and well as politically can also help. It's a movie well worth seeing.

In other DVD news, I'm still in the middle of 24 Season 2. In fact, I haven't watched any of it in a month or so. I've been getting my "24" fix on a regular basis. I do still want to get through the last 7 episodes before I forget what happened...and it's not that I haven't been enjoying it. I just have to make the time.

Grant and I have been making a little progress in our DVD pile. We have now watched all but two of the commentaries on disc 3 of The Simpsons Season 8, which means we're about ready to watch episodes again. We should finish those commentaries tomorrow and might get to disc 4 by Monday. If we can stay focused we could finish all of it by next weekend and then go back to Batman or Superman.

I won't even comment on the rest of the stuff I've bought and not gotten around to...

No comments: