Tuesday, February 13, 2007

SNOW DAY

Yep, big snows here in Indiana. Schools closed. Roads bad. Heck, even the Y shut down at noon, though I did have to go in to teach one class...for which one kid (out of three) showed up. I've shoveled twice so far but the snow keeps falling and it's blowing hard. Hopefully, this is the last hurrah for a big winter.

I haven't gotten as much reading done as planned either. Very little, really. And the problem is I'm behind - still only two books read for the year and I haven't even started a third! I have three piled up and ready to go. I have magazines piled up. Several long-form comics to read. Oh well, I'll get to it.

Couple bit of good news today - "Battlestar Galactica" has been renewed for a fourth season of at least 12 episodes. And this week's episode of "The Office" is directed by Joss Whedon!

I also spent some time making a new mix CD - Snow Day. Here's the tracklist...

Just A Little Heat/The Black Keys
Down South/Tom Petty
Let's Get Out of This Country/Camera Obscura
Manitoba/Tapes 'n Tapes
Sea Legs/The Shins
Fox Confessor Brings The Flood/Neko Case
Oceanographer's Choice/The Mountain Goats
Act Surprised/Superchunk
We Used to Vacation/Cold War Kids
Same Old Drag/Apples in Stereo
The Greatest/Cat Power
Elevate Myself/Grandaddy
Green Fields/The Good, The Bad, & The Queen
Down in the Valley/The Broken West
Mr. Tough/Yo La Tengo
Bonnie Brae/The Twilight Singers
Imposters/Canasta
Set in Motion/Sloan
Smiley Faces/Gnarls Barkley
Chips and Dip/Spoon
Talking in Code/Margot and the Nuclear So and So's

No comments: