Saturday, April 28, 2007

SCREEN SHORTS

Last night we watched "Spider-Man 2," continuing our countdown to the new movie. I hadn't seen it since I saw it in theaters and I'd forgotten how much I liked it. From the continuing development of Peter Parker's pain to the great action sequence on the elevated train to the weaving of threads from the first movie, it's a first class effort. I hope the third movie lives up to the promise...I should find out on Friday.

Fox cancelled "Drive" after only 4 episodes - I was just starting to get into the show (anything with Nathan Fillion is worth watching) and I'm annoyed that we'll never get any sort of closure. Stupid Fox.

Speaking of Fox and closure, I deleted 2 episodes of "24" from the DVR today. I'd let the previous 2 eps sit for a while before I forced myself to watch them and I realized I just don't care anymore. Season 5 was awesome and I let that carry me through watching Seasons 1 and 2 on DVD, though I was forcing myself at the end of 2. I still have the first 5 seasons on DVD but I'm going to look to get rid of them. Enough "twists" and similar storytelling...I don't care anymore.

I enjoyed the return of "Heroes" this week, though it still bugs me how quickly the characters seem to move across country. I'm always a sucker for episodes that take place in the future, so I'm looking forward to Monday's.

I'm also a sucker for alternate dimension stories; Grant and I watched one from Superman Animated Volume 2 this week - "Brave New Metropolis," in which Lois Lane travels to a dimension where she was killed and Superman joined with Luthor to become a fascist dictator. Good stuff.

Other good stuff? "Lost." "The Office." "30 Rock." Last Sunday's episodes of "The Sopranos" and "Entourage" too.

No comments: