Sunday, April 22, 2007

COUNTDOWN TO SPIDER-MAN

Spider-Man 3 comes out on May 4, which is now less than two weeks away. I'm a big fan of the previous two movies and the trailers for the new one are very encouraging. One of our goals for this year is to get Grant to branch out and watch movies that aren't just animated (though he can still be a fan, obviously - I'm looking forward to Ratatouille and The Simpsons Movie as much as he is). He is now at the age where he's a big fan of super-heroes, so Spidey 3 is a perfect one for all of us to go see. However, Grant has not seen the first two yet. So, Friday night Grant and I watched Spider-Man with Graham and Sarah (Jill was busy with a battle of the bands at her school). Grant really liked it, as I figured he would. And it's been quite a few years since I've seen it, so I was happily caught up in the story. That ending, it just kills me. Anyway, next weekend we will tackle Spider-Man 2 and then we'll get out to the new one the following weekend (which also happens to be prom). After that out next project will be to get him to watch the Harry Potter movies in anticipation of the fifth one arriving in July.

Also on the DVD front, Grant and I finished Justice League Unlimited Season 2 last weekend. We'd seen about half the episodes as they aired but there were still a number of really good ones that were new to us. Of course, I loved "Far From Home," which had a few heroes going into the future to meet The Legion of Super-Heroes. I also liked seeing Warlord and the whole gang from Skartaris and the big finale against Darkseid was very cool. The only bad thing about the collection is that it's the last of the great Justice League run. But we still have everything on DVD for easy watching. And now we're working on Superman Animated Season 2 - Grant wanted to start with that rather than Batman. Fine with me.

No comments: