Friday, March 28, 2008

TRIP MUSIC

We are now back home after a couple days spent in Columbus, Ohio with Jill's dad and his wife Christine. It was nice to get away for a few days and we spent our time in a variety of ways - checking out what we didn't see this summer at the Columbus Zoo; hiking around a park on a really nice day; heading to a great comics shop (more on which soon); playing Catchphrase and Scrabble (man, I was horrible); eating lots and lots of good food; and just hanging out and relaxing. Just what we needed.

As usual, I packed up 24 CDs and my iPod. Unusually, I stopped at Best Buy on our way out of town to by the new disc from The Racontuers. Here's a list of what I listened to it the car to, around, and from...

The Raconteurs/Consolers of the Lonely
Aimee Mann/Lost in Space
Nada Surf/Lucky
Wilco/Sky Blue Sky
Gary Louris/Vagabonds
Weezer/Pinkerton
Iron and Wine/The Shepherd's Dog
Tim O'Reagan/Tim O'Reagan
Stephen Malkmus & the Jicks/Real Emotional Trash - iPod
Nick Lowe/Jesus of Cool (Reissue) - iPod
Material Issue/Freak City Soundtrack
The Mountain Goats/Heretic Pride
Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers/Hard Promises
Vampire Weeked/Vampire Weekend
Kathleen Edwards/Back To Me - started in the car and finished at home

That leaves me with 12 discs of stuff I didn't listen to, which I'll work through over the next week or two driving around town in my car (amd may or may not mention here).

No comments: