Saturday, December 01, 2007

BEHIND THE TIMES

I greatly enjoyed Thanksgiving weekend, as previously mentioned. One side effect of the weekend was that I fell a bit more behind on my pop culture intake. I'd gotten myself caught up on my DVRed TV shows and Grant and I had made some headway in our DVRed shows. I only captured a handful of shows over last weekend and I did get some reading done on the trip as well. This week has put me even further behind - I've been at work twice a day all week and am going in this morning for 3+ hours as well.

I mentioned yesterday that I'd read about 90 pages of Remainder. I started it on Tuesday and have really been enjoying it...but I haven't read any of it since Wednesday. I have 4 more books stacked up as well as two issues of SF mags and the new Scott Pilgrim.

I'm still a couple weeks behind on EW. I've read the Springsteen/Win Butler interview in Spin but haven't looked at much of the rest. I have an issue of ESPN the Magazine, an issue of Discover, and I borrowed an issue of The Economist from my dad (why?). Bought the new Previews for the first time in a number of months too.

On the DVR I still have Battlestar Galactica: Razor and episodes of Reaper, Pushing Daisies, My Name Is Earl, 30 Rock, Scrubs, and Friday Lights. A second ep of Legion of Super-Heroes will be captured today, as will the season finale of Torchwood and the second season finale of Doctor Who.

Grant is getting on my case to get through some commentaries of Simpsons Season 9 so we can watch more episodes (I sometimes forget he hasn't seen most of them). I want to watch the extras on Futurama: Bender's Big Score and still haven't gotten around to the extras on Knocked Up either. Our Netflix movie is The Squid and the Whale, which I want to see.

So, I guess I should shut up and focus on getting through some of this. Today's already pretty busy, though. Oh well, I'll get to it all.

No comments: