Saturday, March 17, 2007

ST. PATRICK'S DAY SHUFFLE

Grant developed a fever after he got home from school yesterday and Jill has the closing of her show tonight, so I'm going to spend most of my St. Patrick's Day hanging with a sick kid (and reading and watching hoops, most likely). So, why not an extra shuffle for the weekend?

1. Will I Belong?/Sloan (9)
2. Ella's Arms/Warren Zanes (6)
3. Sidi Ifni/Cracker (7)
4. Pigs That Ran Straightaway Into The Water, Triumph Of/The Mountain Goats (8)
5. Passing the Hat/Cold War Kids (4)
6. Citrus/The Hold Steady (16)
7. Something's Wrong/Sloan (9)
8. I am Morris Townsend (No-Fi Transmission)/The Prayers and Tears of Arthur Digby Sellers (8)
9. A Side Wins/Sloan (7)
10. I'm Ready/The Twilight Singers (9)

Do you feel like doing more? I kinda do. I've been reading the Mar. 5 issue of Newsweek (yes, I'm still behind) and doing a bit of journaling but I feel like putting up a couple more posts. So, I'll keep this going while I do those posts and then everything will be up for perusal...

11. I Feel Like Going Home/Yo La Tengo (8)
12. Island Garden Song/The Mountain Goats (4)
13. New Year's Day/The Brokedown (13)
14. Nothing Up My Sleeve/Wilco (15)
15. Out On The Wing/Superchunk (7)
16. Rainy Streets/Superchunk (7)
17. Work Me/The Black Keys (8)

Okay, first post completed. Starting #2...

18. Neptune's Net/M. Ward (19)
19. Letter From Belgium/The Mountain Goats (9)
20. saving since september (ps 89:49)/The Prayers and Tears of Arthur Digby Sellers (18)
21. Gronlandic Edit/Of Montreal (6)
22. Cream and Bastards Rise Reprise/Harvey Danger (9)
23. Modesto Is Not That Sweet/The Hold Steady (18)

And there's #2 up. One more to go but I'm going to take a break to watch "Legion of Super-Heroes" first...well, that was a pretty good episode. I'm so happy the show is good - don't know if my fanboy heart could have taken a crappy show about the Legion. Anyway, it's back to posting...and I think I'll actually do 2 more yet.

24. The Pride/The Essex Green (11)
25. For The Price Of A Cup Of Tea/Belle and Sebastian (8)
26. I See The Rain/Matthew Sweet & Susanna Hoffs (3)
27. Blue Day/Heartless Bastards (7)
28. Black Buttons/Portastatic (11)

That's the third post up, with a slight pause to put away the comics I wrote about. Just one more to go...

29. Imposters/Canasta (8)
30. come, ye sinners, poor and needy (ps 109:22)/The Prayers and Tears of Arthur Digby Sellers (23)
31. Ana Lucia/Sloan (9)
32. Idylls Of The King/The Mountain Goats (9)
33. Ruby II/Amy Millan (8)
34. Windowsill/Arcade Fire (7)
35. The Past Is A Grotesque Animal/Of Montreal (6)

There's the last one up and it's not yet noon. Not bad for five posts. The big winners in today's shuffle were The Mountain Goats and Sloan, with four songs each. Time to publish this one and be done for the day, though I'll be back tomorrow with the usual "Sunday Shuffle," at least.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog listed at blogsearch.sg