Sunday, January 21, 2007

TWENTY DAYS

I've only managed 9 posts so far this year and I've been doing things a bit differently, so I thought I'd throw up this recap of the first 20 days...

I haven't read any books yet this year. In fact, I haven't even started one. I've still been focusing on catching up on my SF magazines, which I put off for months at the end of last year so I could try and get close to my goal of 40 books. Granted, this doesn't get me off to a very good start in trying to hit 40 books this year either but I like keeping up with the field (I still would like to be a part of it myself). So, I've read 22 stories so far. I've also read 6 single issues of comics (3 of 52 and one each of Fell, Justice Society of America, and Superman), one trade (Fables: Wolves), and one original hardcover graphic novel (Fables: 1001 Nights of Snowfall). Plus, issues of Newsweek and Entertainment Weekly.

I've seen one movie in the theater (Night at the Museum). I've watched three movies on DVD - Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest, Talladega Nights, and Little Miss Sunshine. I've watched 17 episodes of 24 Season 2, bringing me up to 1 AM of that day in Jack Bauer's life. I've watched 8 episodes of The Office Season 2 as well as deleted scenes from those eps and 5 commentaries. And I've watched 7 episode of The Simpsons Season 8. Don't you just love DVDs?

I love TV too, of course. I've watched all the new episodes of "The Sports Reporters," "24," "How I Met Your Mother," "Friday Night Lights," "Knights of Prosperity," "My Name Is Earl," "The Office," "Scrubs," and "30 Rock." I've watched as much "NFL Live" as I could as well as all the NFL playoffs I could possibly see. Lots of "Sportscenter" and ESPN in general and parts of Bulls games and other NBA and NCAA games. And random shows here and there as well.

I've listened to a ton of music too...it's impossible to keep track of. Sometimes I think it would be fun to keep track and have a record of my music-listening habits for a year. I tried at the start of this year but unless I force myself to write it all down there's no way to remember everything. And that's fine. If I love DVDs and TV, I love music even more.

I guess that's about it. All this listing can't continue for the whole year obviously; I couldn't even sustain it for 20 days. But the blog is always whatever I want it to be for how long I keep it up. So maybe there will be some more listing. Maybe it will revert back to occasional reviews. Who knows?

No comments: