Sunday, January 28, 2007

SUNDAY SHUFFLE #22

The wind chill is -8, so why not?

1. Milkcrate Mosh/The Hold Steady (5) - This is a non-album track they had up on their MySpace for a while. Not their best song but they are always worth a listen.

2. I Don't Know Why/Ben Kweller (14) - This song was on my Best of 2006 mix before I switched formats and will probably find its way onto a mix in the near future.

3. Dead To Rights/The Twilight Singers (9) - Powder Burns is one of the most underrated albums of last year and I say that having done the same to it myself. But I was listening to it on Jill's iPod while shoveling snow last week and it's a really good album to power you through that task.

4. No One Here Knows Jane/Warren Zanes (6) - Boy, I've really ignored this album; this is the first time I've heard this song since early June! And it's not that I don't like either. That's one of the downsides to downloading so much each month - things get lost in the shuffle. But you can always rediscover an album at any time!

5. Punch And Judy/Elliott Smith (11) - I think we're supposed to get a Smith rarities album this year?

6. Linda Blair Was Born Innocent/The Mountain Goats (8) - I threw a reference to The Mountain Goats in "Dear Propsective Employer" to honor my current obsession with John Darnielle.

7. Andiamo/The Twilight Singers (5) - This track was released in advance of Powder Burns but isn't included on the album itself.

8. the most important words (ps 80:5)/The Prayers and Tears of Arthur Digby Sellers (16) - It takes almost half the length of the song to get all this typed out.

9. Shiftee/The Broken West (3) - I grabbed this album, I Can't Go On I'll Go On, with some of downloads earlier this week. Still sinking my teeth into it but I do like it.

10. Picky Bugger/Elbow (8) - Here's another album, Leaders of the Free World, that I haven't listened to a ton as a whole but have just enjoyed the songs in shuffle mode.

Stay warm!

No comments: