Monday, March 20, 2006

SPRING BREAK FEVER

I only have four more days in the pool before I get a whole nine days to be free of chlorine. I can't wait. And all you get today is links...

My brother Theron has jumped onto My Space here. Go and befriend him, or at least read his list of bands he likes. Brevity, thy name is not. Then again, how do you pare it down?

My pal (and former performer in the drama shows I was assistant director for) Graham has posted some nifty new songs on My Space as well. Go and listen. My plan is to play for the Livid Penny at some point this year.

I picked up the latest issue of Harp the other day and have been enjoying my readthrough. I was surprised to see an ad for a new Warren Zanes record - I had no idea he had a new one coming out. I really liked his debut, Memory Girls. It's a beautiful pop record. It's on eMusic too, for those of you eager to burn up your downloads.

My favorite comics cover artist - James Jean - has also done the art for the upcoming Calexico album. He covers the process over at his blog.

I mentioned Jeff Ford the other day. For a sample of his great writing, go and read this tale of his hot dog addiction and his son's growing mustard artistry. I should receive The Empire of Ice Cream in the next few days.

4 comments:

TJ said...

That Ford story is hilarious.

Justin Steiner said...

I agree. It's also a good example of what appeals about his writing. You ever read his stuff, Trevor?

TJ said...

No, but I plan to check him out. Whenever I can start reading for real again.

Justin Steiner said...

I would suggest starting with The Portrait of Mrs. Charbuque. One of my favorite books.