Wednesday, March 22, 2006

ONE WEEK

As in one week from today I turn 35. I've been planning a new project (which will encompass many other projects, or at least that's the idea) to coincide with that milestone, which I will reveal in one week as well. I'm excited by it all and I'm looking forward to sharing it with all of you.

In the meantime, I hope to catch up on some posts I've been planning for a while. I need to talk about the latest Kevin Brockmeier and "musical fauna" and all of the other CDs I've bought or downloaded and The Ha-Ha and maybe some thoughts on "The Sopranos" and geeking out on "24" and maybe by then I'll have finished the Vandermeer and and and...

We're just over a week from the new baseball season too and I can't wait. I also realized today that I haven't read a baseball book yet these year, an annual tradition for me these past few years. I'm looking at 3 Days in August, which is about a series between the Cardianls and Cubs in late 2003. I've been a fan of Tony LaRussa ever since he was on the South Side.

I just found out there's a new book out about The Flaming Lips too - wonder if I can squeeze that in before the new album comes out. My copy of The Empire of Ice Cream arrived today too. And the softcover of Top Ten: The Forty-Niners came out today.

I guess the good news is I will soon be on spring break from the Y - only 7 more classes and a private lesson to go before I get 9 whole days out of the pool. Have I mentioned my spring break fever yet? It will give me lots of time to read. Ah, time to read...

No comments: