Thursday, March 16, 2006

MY HEART'S IN THE EMPIRE OF ICE CREAM

I have been eagerly awaiting the arrival of Jeffrey Ford's second story collection ever since Golden Gryphon put it on their "forthcoming" list. Now the wait is over and The Empire of Ice Cream is now shipping. I placed my order this morning and I ordered directly from Golden Gryphon so they (and Jeff) get all the money without any middlemen. Sure, it's slightly more expensive that way bit only slightly and as I am a big fan I do it to support their efforts. The best part of it all is that I get to read a bunch of new Ford short stories, as I stayed away from reading most of them on original publication. I wanted to experience the book with as fresh of a look as I could. Anyway, I highly recommend Jeffrey Ford's work and I plan on posting reactions to every story when I read it.

No comments: