Thursday, March 16, 2006

MY HEAD'S IN FORT RECOVERY

I've just been listening to music, music, and more music lately. I'm still trying to process the albums I downloaded from eMusic and the ones I've picked up the past few weeks - Fox Confessor Brings the Flood and The Believer, for example. And this coming Tuesday brings the new releases from Josh Rouse and Loose Fur and this Band of Horses I've been hearing good things about. But all of that has taken a backseat to Fort Recovery, the new album from Centro-Matic. I think the album closer, "Take A Rake," has taken up permanent residence in my brain. Unless it's actually "Monument Sails" or "Patience for the Ride" or "Calling Thermatico" or "For New Starts" or "Triggers and Trash Heaps." Yes, that's half the album. And the other six songs are great too. If you haven't heard of this or just haven't bought it yet, you need to stop everything and procure a copy immediately. I mean it. Then you can join me where the drums crash at the beginning of "Take A Rake." See you there.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I told you! I think if it's possible to wear out an mp3 I'll be doing it with this album.

TJ said...

That last minute and a half of "Take a Rake" is inspired. What a great album.

Justin Steiner said...

Jeff, I actually found a hardcopy of Fort Recovery. I had to take my son to get his new Veggie Tales DVD in the next town over and stopped at the Best Buy and was pleased to see they had it.

LTR, you won't be sorry.

Trevor, that's the beauty of "Take A Rake," isn't it? You get the great song and then the powerful rave-up at the end when you think the song is over.