Tuesday, January 03, 2006

FULL TIME JOB

I went back to work yesterday and am now fully into the swing of a brand-new session of swimming at the Y. I have mostly kids I've been working with for a while, a few new ones, and even have a couple I haven't seen in many many months. Managed to get kicked in the mouth and the eye today too. Whee!

While I enjoy my job, it does get in the way of another job I have now that Christmas is over...getting through all the presents I got. I recevied 5 books, several DVDs (including boxed sets), a few CDs (already listened to them at least once; of course, that's fairly easy to do), and a trade paperback (which I finished on Saturday).

I have started on a couple of things at least. I'm currently reading one of the books (Kelly Link) and my son and I are working through The Simpsons Season 7 (8 episodes and 6 commentaries down). I've also watched "The 40 Year-Old Virgin" and some of the extras on the disc (no commentary yet). I have to finish those as well as watch "Serenity" and "Undeclared" and "Arrested Development" season two and the first season of "Veronica Mars." The other books, obviously. I have an issue each of Asimov's and F&SF waiting on the shelf. And I bought those two trades in Columbus over the weekend. Yep, it's going to take a while...anyone know a way I can get paid for it?

2 comments:

TJ said...

I'll expect a review of "Undeclared." I just recently learned that was Freaks & Geeks' Apatow-helmed. Rad.

Justin Steiner said...

I actually watched "Undeclared" when it was on Fox. I'd been a big fan of "Freeks & Geeks" and was happy to follow the same team (and Seth Rogen) to another show. But I'm sure I'll talk about that more when I do get around to a review. Who knows when that will be...by next month at the latest, I hope.