Monday, January 16, 2006

FREEDUMB NOTES

On Saturday night I had the opportunity to see my brother Theron perform in the Chicago Sketch Festival. He is a member of Freedumb, a sketch group that has its home base in New York City. While I've been able to see him perform his standup routine, this was my first time to see the group. It was a lot of fun seeing him on stage in front of a good-sized audience and Freedumb delivered the funny. I hope their appearance leads to more opportunites for them. We made a night out of it, going out to dinner with my parents and some of their friends; we also had the chance to meet the newly Chicago-based Little Toy Robot, which was also a lot of fun. It got the weekend off to a great start.

That start took a bit of a downturn yesterday when both the Bears and the Colts lost their playoff games. What happened to the Bears' D? And the Colts' O? Sigh.

I decided to check out the premiere of "24," a show I've not made much of an effort to get into before this. I figured I should give it a shot and I'm glad I did. I got all the setup I needed for the series in the first few minutes and then the story kicked into high gear. The first 4 hours were full of tense moments and action and all sorts of fun. I'm hooked. Not like I need another TV show to follow but when it's good, it's good.

I have been busy reading and watching other things in my few days away from posting and I'll be talking about some of it in the next few days. So please come back and see what's going on.

1 comment:

Justin Steiner said...

Glad you enjoyed yourself. We'll have to get together again before baseball season.