Saturday, July 21, 2007

WAITING

This morning I started my first Saturday morning shift in the pool; my boss was having a hard time filling up the teaching slots and asked if I would do it. Obviously, I said yes. I can handle doing it for five weeks, especially since I'm not it the pool every day of the week already. Things went well, of course, and I already knew many of the kids in my classes (just three of those). Grant is doing his swimming lessons on Saturdays too, so he and Jill came over after I left and I sat and watched after I was done. When we got back home, there was a slip on the door from UPS - they had tried delivering our copy of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows before 10:30 when there was no one here! The slip said they would make the next attempt between 10:30 and 2:00, so here I sit. It's 11:50 right now. I just know it will come any minute. Of course, Jill and I then have to decide who is going first with the reading; we are going to try and read it relatively together so we can discuss things as we go. But the sooner we get it, the sooner we can start! I just know it's coming any minute...any minute now...

No comments: