Friday, July 06, 2007

POP DOPE

Entertainment Weekly recently put out a double issue featuring "The EW 100," their list of people across pop culture lines they find of interest at this time. I always like those issues, getting tidbits on upcoming projects or learning more about ongoing ones. They feed the pop culture junkie in me. Stephen King's column in this issue talks about "pop dope," that stuff you just can't get enough. It's reassuring that one of the most widely read writers in history is just as excited about the new Harry Potter book and Battlestar Galactica as I am. And that's what I hope I'm conveying in this blog - my love for the cool stuff in books and music and movies and so on. I'm hooked on a wide variety of pop dope and I'm always searching for the next hit.

This is my 300th post to this blog. Back when I posted my 200th, I said that if I kept up my rate of production I would hit #300 in late June. Well, I was close. It took me 7 months and 20 days to reach #100, 6 months and 6 days to reach #200, and now it's only taken me 5 months and 1 day to reach this milestone. Look for #400 later this year...

No comments: