Monday, January 28, 2008

THE BEST OF EVERYTHING

That song was in my head this morning and I'm not sure why. Sure, I did watch Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers: The 30th Anniversary Concert on Friday night (that's the extra DVD in the big documentary I watched a couple weeks ago) but that song wasn't played in the concert. It's also been a while since I listened to Southern Accents. But there I was on the lifeguard stand, filling in for someone who had a sick child, and that song was running through my head. Weird.

Last Thursday NBC ran the last two original episodes they had left of Chuck; we watched one that night and one the next. That is such a good show and I hope the strike ends soon to get more of that show or at least a full second season. It's got humor and action and character work and it's smart and fun. It's easily my favorite new show of the year.

I also got back to a favorite comic last week as well, with Walking Dead Vol. 6: This Sorrowful Life. It's been out for at least six months but my shop didn't order any until December and then I obviously didn't get around to it right away (I have Vol. 7 sitting in my pull file too). It's not a fun comic. In fact, it's very dark and this batch of issues really hits that home - torture and death and people starting to lose their humanity abound. There are one or two bright spots, at least, and the comic retains its high quality. I'm ready to read the next one in the next few weeks.

No comments: