Friday, December 29, 2006

2006 MUSIC MIX

I've been doing a year-end music mix for a while now, trying to boil everything down to a single disc. I've been trying to do it this year but I keep leaving off songs that should be there - just not enough minutes on the disc. So, I've decided to scrap it for this year. Instead, I'm highlighting songs off of my top ten albums of the year. And from now on, I'll just do a mix every few months or so and won't have to worry about saving songs for the year-ender or anything like that. Yes, I think way too much about these things.

Here's the tracklist...

1. Poison Cup/M. Ward
2. Chinese Translation/M. Ward
3. Half Dead/The Mountain Goats
4. Woke Up New/The Mountain Goats
5. Chips Ahoy/The Hold Steady
6. First Night/The Hold Steady
7. Fire Island, AK/The Long Winters
8. Honest/The Long Winters
9. Somerville/Pernice Brothers
10. PCH One/Pernice Brothers
11. Well Thought Out Twinkles/Silversun Pickups
12. Little Lover's So Polite/Silversun Pickups
13. The Chinatown Bus/Bishop Allen
14. Click Click Click/Bishop Allen
15. Yankee Bayonet (I Will Be Home Then)/The Decemberists
16. Summersong/The Decemberists
17. Don't Know (Why You Stay)/The Essex Green
18. Penny and Jack/The Essex Green
19. For New Starts/Centro-Matic
20. Take A Rake/Centro-Matic

No comments: