Tuesday, April 01, 2008

SING IT, MIKE

I've decided to discontinue my monthly roundups. Fuck the numbers, though I will still keep track of my book totals. Hell, I've been doing that since 2001.

I started on a book this evening, having left the Mar. 2008 Asimov's at work. Twice. Ah well, I'll get back to it at some point. Anyway, I'm now reading The Shadow Year by Jeffrey Ford. Ford is a writer everyone should be reading.

Picked up the new REM album today. I was a little apprehensive about it, what with all the praise it's been getting. Sometimes it just seems like critics get together and all decide whether to celebrate a "rebirth" or to keep trashing a band regardless of content. I've only listened once but it sounded pretty good - love hearing those Mike Mills harmonies!

JSA Presents: Stars and S.T.R.I.P.E. Vol.. 1 didn't hold up quite as well as I'd remembered it, alas. It was an impulse purchase - last thing spotted, really. Ah well, can't win them all. On the plus side, I dug the head trip that was Casanova: Luxuria - twins, alternate worlds, futuristic aborigines, robots, multiple acronymned organizations...hard to beat. Well played, Fraction.

How excited am I getting for the return of Battlestar Galactica? Enough to finally watch BSG: Razor! Should happen tomorrow...