Wednesday, April 23, 2008

PROJECTS

I have plenty of things to occupy my time but I'm always thinking about what I can do next. Over the past few days, I've decided to embark on a couple new projects.

The final volume of Y: The Last Man will be published on June 18, which is 8 weeks from today. The series has been one of the best comics of this decade and I have been reading it in trade format from the start. I am eagerly awaiting the last book and I thought it would be good to go back and reread the series up to this point. I did it for Harry Potter and this is just as meaningful. The only problem with this project is I have only 8 weeks to read 9 trades. Ah well, I'm going to give it a shot.

There was a post of Chris Roberson's blog (I really need to update my links, by the way) the other day about Kage Baker's series of novels and story collections in her Company series. I've read a number of the stories in the pages of Asimov's over the years and always meant to get around to the books. Well, Roberson's enthusiasm for the series has inspired me to finally get to the series. This project probably won't start right away but I hope to have many of the books read by the end of the year (if not all).

On the lighter (and easier) side, I think it's well past time for me to do a new mix CD to give out to friends. I believe the last one I did was way back in June (!). That's a long, long time for me to go without doing one. The good news is I have a ton of songs I could put on it. I hope to accomplish this by the end of next week, if not sooner.

No comments: