Monday, October 29, 2007

A SERIES OF SOX

Last night the Boston Red Sox won their second World Series in the last four years, sweeping the Colorado Rockies 4 games to none. I'm on record that baseball is my favorite sport and I always try to watch as much of the playoffs as I can...really, as much baseball as I can period. This past season has been a little different for me, in that I've been busier with open mics and social activities and, most recently, more hours at work. So, I haven't watched as much baseball, including the playoffs. I did see Game 1 of the Series on Wednesday and parts of Games 2 and 3, before watching the entire game last night. That's a good Red Sox team.

Long-term readers know that my favorite team is the Chicago White Sox and that I've always been very happy to root for the Chicago Cubs as well. My father is a Red Sox fan from way back so we were always aware of how they were doing and felt the heartbreak of the 1986 World Series. So, when the Red Sox game back from a 3-0 deficit against the Yankess in the ALCS back in 2004 and went on to sweep the Cardinals, I was very happy.

2005, of course, brought even more happiness, as my White Sox finally got to and swept the World Series against the Houston Astros. The fact that their playoff wins came during the period of time when I lost both my grnadmothers made it bittersweet as well (I still have a hard time watching highlights from those games without feeling the loss).

And now, here are the Red Sox again. Some kind of Sox have won the Series three of the last four years. It's been good days for this fan of baseball.

No comments: