Wednesday, June 27, 2007

MIDWEEK REPORT

I've been reading the sixth Harry Potter book for a few days, after staying up late on Sunday night to finish the fifth book. I hope to be done with this one by Saturday at the latest; I have around 400 pages left to go.

I finished a new song over the weekend, which is the second song I've written this month. Last night I played "In the Dark" for the first time and "Could Have Been" for the third (and the first at Anneliesje's). I also tried a cover of Springsteen's "Atlantic City" and it went pretty well.

I spent an hour in the pool on Monday; 4 hours yesterday; and I will spend 3 and-a-half tomorrow. The good news is that I was completely off today and will be on Friday. Friday will be dedicated to seeing "Ratatouille." I'd also like to see the new "Die Hard" movie too.

I went and bought Led Zeppelin III today; Jill and Graham are thinking about doing a joint cover (Graham on guitar; Jill on percussive tap dance) of "Bron-Y-Aur Stomp" and since the album has two of my favorite Zep songs that I don't have on the two-disc Remasters ("Gallows Pole" and "Tangerine"), I figured I might as well pick it up.

The new White Stripes album is fantastic, by the way.

Speaking of fantastic, you should all head over to Merge Records and listen to the stream of the new Spoon album, Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga. It comes out on July 10 (as does Jason Isbell's solo record!).

The White Sox have managed to win three in a row after getting swept by the Cubs over the weekend; meanwhile, the Cubs turned around and just swept the Rockies.

Guess that's about it.

No comments: