Friday, May 19, 2006

WHO WANTS LINKS?

I missed Free Comic Book Day the other weekend; it wasn't high on my agenda and I let it slide. I shouldn't have, because I forgot all about Free Scott Pilgrim. What is that, you ask? It's a brand-new adventure of the fantastic new graphic novel series that I rambled about late last year. And it was free. Oops. I've been saved, however, as it has been posted here. If you haven't read the series, I hope this gets you hooked. I haven't read it yet, as Bryan Lee O'Malley says it takes place after the third volume, Scott Pilgrim and the Infinite Sadness, which is due out next week. I can wait. I suggest you don't.

Want to watch something on You Tube? How about the pilot for "Heat Vision and Jack," which starred Jack Black as an astronaut and Owen Wilson as his talking motorcycle? Oh, and Ben Stiller was involved too. I haven't taken the half hour to watch it yet but I plan to this weekend. (via someone on the BKV message board)

Jason Isbell of the Drive-By Truckers just did an instudio on Minnesota Public Radio in which he plays an acoustic version of "Easy on Yourself" from the new album and a brand-new song called "Dress Blues." Go, listen, enjoy. (via LHB)

The new Jon Auer (of the Posies) album is finally here - Songs from the Year of Our Demise. You can listen to the whole thing here.

I am in love with the pop sensibilities of Central Services. Go to their MySpace. (via You Ain't No Picasso)

Finally, I would be remiss if I didn't mention Bishop Allen. I picked up their March ep and haven't gotten enough of it. I will talk more about it soon. But for now, check out their MySpace page. (via several leading music bloggers)

No comments: