Sunday, December 11, 2005

LOST THE THREAD

I don't know what it is. Maybe it was the fall I had with the funerals and the harder than usual Thanksgiving trip. Or just how busy it's gotten around these parts. But I feel like I've lost the thread a little with pop culture here and the end of the year. I don't feel as plugged in. I've only read one book since the end of October (and am working on a second, but I'm not being very fast - and I like the book a lot!). I can't keep straight in my head which books I want for Christmas and which CDs I need. I don't know. Does anyone else feel like they aren't as tuned in to everything as the year winds down?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that xmas is next Saturday.
I don't know if it's the layout of the calendar this year or if the holidays actually snuck up on us.
it was extremely difficult to pull together a list of crap for people to get me this year, too. and I know there's a wealth of great stuff just wishing to be on my shelves.

I'm listening to Sufjan right now.

TJ said...

I know the feeling. It's how I felt earlier this year when I hung it up for a little while. I think the plugged/unplugged movement is a good thing. You get some perspective. Gotta run priorities on your timetable.

You know what happens if you stay plugged in? You write 1500 word posts about how much you can't stand Pink is the New Blog.

Or you make totally inside jokes like the one I just made.

Justin Steiner said...

Here's how out of it I am - I completely forgot to watch the new ep of "Arrested Development" tonight. There's so few left...how could I miss one?