Sunday, February 10, 2008

STATUS UPDATE

Here's what I've accomplished the last three days...

I read around 170 pages to finish my 5th book of the year, The Dragons of Babel by Michael Swanwick. Swanwick is one of the finest writers working today and this new novel is proof. In fact, that only problem I had with it is that I had read large parts of it in short story form. A small problem, obviously, when you get a world that has magic and fairies and Joe Louis and cars and anything you could think of and a story that tracks a boy from being forced to obey a dragon to...well, getting there is the fun. All fans of fantasy should read this one.

I am also over 50 pages into the next book and may increase that number before going to sleep tonight.

I finished the issue of Wizard I was working on. This is now the second month in a row that I've picked up the mag, which I've read off and on for over a decade. I miss reading comics on a regular basis when I read the magazine and that's not a bad thing. I'm figuring out ways for some monthly comics to make their way into my budget. Comics are meant to be fun, after all, and I love them.

I watched 10 episodes of TV in 3 days, 9 on the DVR and one On Demand. Not bad. However, I recorded (or will yet record) 6 more episodes by the end of tonight. A net gain of 4 episodes then. I am only about a week behind in my watching now, though. 5 of those episodes were In Treatment, the new HBO shows that airs 5 nights a week with each episode focusing on a different person in therapy with Paul (who sees someone else on the 5th night). It's very interesting so far and I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes; my favorite night after one week is "Alex," which stars Blair Underwood. Man, he's good. So is Gabriel Byrne as Paul. The other five episodes were from 5 TV shows and they were all enjoyable.

And no, I didn't go see a movie. And I did send back Ocean's Thirteen unwatched. Didn't watch Battlestar Galactica: Razor either. And that's about it.

No comments: