Thursday, June 01, 2006

BLAH BLAH BLAH

My brother pointed out on the phone last night that I hadn't updated my blog. My head's been full of a lot of the blah blah lately and I've haven't been feeling too coherent. I laid off the guitar for a few days as well. Part of my problem is that the current session at the Y is almost at an end...two classes tomorrow and then I'm off for a week! I love my job but I'm ready for a bit of a break.

I've also been distracted the last few days by "Scrubs." I picked up Season 3 on DVD when it came out the other week and hadn't gotten around to it yet. Jill started watching the show with me when it came back in January, so I thought she'd want to go back and watch the third season with me. She did...but then she decided we should go back to Season 1. I was happy to oblige - it's a funny show and well worth watching multiple times. So the last few days have been devoted to whipping through the first season and this afternoon we started on Season 2. Which means we have about 40 episodes or so to watch yet.

And now that the current season of "24" is over I can allow myself to start watching Season 1, which Grant and Jill got me for my birthday. This was the first time I watched the show and it hooked me big time. The season finale was great. So was the season finale of "Lost," for that matter.

I've been reading too, of course. I need to do reviews for The Empire of Ice Cream and Black Swan Green and Apex Hides the Hurt and The History of Love. Plus I'm working through Absurdistan right now.

I'm quite behind on talking about music too. Today I started listening again to everything I've bought or downloaded so far this year and the plan is to write about all of it. We'll see.

I have been doing the open mic thing still - tonight was my fifth overall. I played "That's Okay" and quickly learned a Dramarama cover ("Work for Food") to help celebrate the 15th anniversary of Front Porch Music. My performances are getting better but my fingers still want to move strangely at times. Ah well.

Happy birthday, Theron!

2 comments:

TJ said...

I'll be curious to hear how you like the Shtyengart book. I really liked the first half of that Debutante Handbook book. It reminded me of Arthur Phillips' Prague, but, you know, sillier.

Justin Steiner said...

You know, I haven't read Prague yet. I should put that on the list for this year.

Absurdistan has its silly moments too...the title is a giveaway. It's good, though. If you liked Debutante I think you'd like this.