Tuesday, December 04, 2007

OLD FAVORITES RETURN

As I mentioned, we watched Futurama: Bender's Big Score last week. It's an original DVD and marks the return of the series after an absence of a couple years (and four seasons worth of episodes). It's a little odd watching Futurama for almost an hour-and-a-half (these new movies will be broken up into 4 eps each for TV) but it's a very welcome return. The plot features alien scam artist, time travel, marital problems, unrequited love, beheadings, and all sorts of fun. Many, many characters and situations from the whole run of the series are present and it makes the whole thing just that much more fun. I haven't gotten around to any of the extras yet but I will soon. If you were a fan of the series, buy this. If you weren't, you should be. So get cracking.

I finally managed to get a copy of the new Scott Pilgrim comic, Scott Pilgrim Gets It Together (the 4th volume of the series). I've extolled the virtues of Bryan Lee O'Malley's series before and this new offering deserves all the same praise. How can you argue against a comic with half-ninjas, rock-and-roll, subspace, characters gaining experience points like in video games, and more. Plus, Scott really does start to get it together...he even gets a job! This is one of the best comics going right now and everyone should be reading it. I turned my brother onto it earlier this year and I'm ready for another victim. Let it be you.

This morning I found out (via Chromewaves - link at the right) that Gary Louris is finally releasing a solo album on Feb. 19. Yay! You can go listen to some songs at his MySpace.

No comments: