Monday, January 29, 2007

IN THE MIX

My first book of the year was Love Is A Mix Tape by Rob Sheffield, who has written for many music mags (such as Rolling Stone). In it, he looks at the mix tapes he's made throughout his life and relates them to what was happening to him and what the music may have meant. It's funny and it's also sad (for a reason I don't want to spoil, though that spoiler is widely available). I think anyone who has a love for music will like this book, especially those who love making mixes (like me).

And speaking of mixes, I decided I would pull out some of the ones I've made over the past couple years to listen to it the car. It's been fun seeing where my head was at, what I was really listening to at a certain time. It's about time to put a new one together too..

No comments: