Tuesday, February 28, 2006

FEBRUARY 2006 TOTALS

I read 3 books in February (Company; Black Brillion; The Brief History of the Dead). I purchased 3 books (Black Brillion; The Brief History of the Dead; The Ha-Ha).

I purchased 7 CDs (The Gun Album; Alligator; The Loon; Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not; Live at Town Hall; The Believer), one of which was a DVD/CD combo (That Striped Sunlight Sound).

I read 14 short stories.

I read 2 trade paperbacks (Astonishing X-Men: Dangerous; Powers: Psychotic), both of which were also purchased this month.

I watched 1 DVD (Serenity) and 2 DVD box sets (Veronica Mars Season 1; Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 1). I also finished another DVD box set (The Simpsons Season 1) and am about halfway through yet another one (Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 2).

I watched every new episode of 6 TV shows (How I Met Your Mother; 24; Gilmore Girls; Lost; The Office; Justice League Unlimited).

5 comments:

TJ said...

Let's hear it for female superhero TV!

How do you like that Tapes n Tapes disc? I've heard "Cowbell" and "Insistor" and I'm still not quite sold.

Justin Steiner said...

I like the Tapes 'n Tapes. Haven't gotten much of a handle on the lyrics yet but the music is good - variety and energy. There's a song called "Manitoba" that is very Arcade Fire and I love it.

Anonymous said...

Hey Justin,

Thanks for that Jenny Lewis suggestion below - loving it!

Dan Wickett

TJ said...

You're right on about "Manitoba." I've given "Cowbell" a couple more listens, too. I'm sold.

Justin Steiner said...

Dan, glad to hear you're liking it. I picked up the new Cat Power on the same day and the Jenny Lewis is getting much more play.

Trevor, I think you'll like "The Loon." It grows on me each time - my new fave song is "Jakov's Suite."