Wednesday, January 11, 2006

TV TALK

It's been nice to get new episodes of TV shows again. It started last week with a new "Arrested Development" where they really took it to Fox for the order reduction and it was hilarious. Last Tuesday saw two new eps of "Scrubs," which is still a fairly new show to me as far as watching it weekly goes (I have bought and watched the first 2 seasons on DVD). On Thursday I caught a brand-new "My Name Is Earl" (easily the best new sitcom on TV this year) and "The Office." It was the first time I'd ever seen a whole episode of the latter and I have to say I was very impressed. It has that mixture of smart and dumb humor I really love. I will definitely be watching more and am very tempted to pick up the first season on DVD (which reminds me, "The Flash" TV series came out on DVD this week, didn't it? Hmm....).

This week saw the return of "How I Married Your Mother." Some of the show is too "sitcom" but I really enjoy watching the actors on this show, no matter what the material (and there may be a genius of Jason Segel post at some point in the future). Last night brought back "Gilmore Girls" with the development of the complications that face Lorelai and Luke (I'm still catching up on this show via the repeats on ABC Family every afternoon). And then there were 2 more "Scrubs" - how awesome was the Turk and Todd ninja fight?

Tonight? "Lost." Mr. Eko. Charlie. What more do you need?

1 comment:

Justin Steiner said...

No, I haven't. It's one of those things I keep meaning to get around to and haven't managed yet. Maybe this year...